Thursday, October 11, 2007

Wok With Chris


Nevermind the pic above...I'm gonna share with you my proud moment of the day...

Ever since I was little, there was one dish from Ma that I always enjoy eating. Ma will always cook this whenever I'm back in Melaka, provided she has the time. I dunno what you call it, but in Hokkien, we say 'o-bak'. Direct translation = 'fried pork'.

Today, I tried cooking this with guidance from Ma. I chopped some garlic with a small knife (Kiwi brand), 'hantam' some pork with a bigger knife (Kiwi brand), mixed both together, threw in 3 kampung eggs, added some salt, pepper and dark soy sauce. Stirred and meshed them.

Remember to use Kiwi brand knives. Else it won't taste so yummy!!!

***Aiyoyo samy...just kidding laaa dey...hahaha***

If you use city eggs, 2 should suffice :D

I left it there for an hour or so. Went for a walk around my taman, to strengthen my ankle and prepare it for some tough time ahead --> driving to office in a massive jam!!!. My ankle tire easily nowadays, especially after standing there preparing those stuffs today. Therefore I reckoned it needed some due exercise.

Back from my walk...I started frying the marinated pork. All smelled and looked good.

Besides 'o-bak', I prepared another dish --> sambal ikan bilis. Fuhhhh nampak hebat macha ni...ok let me tell you, both the ikan bilis and sambal is from Ma as well...hehehe...you see, everything's ready...all I did was stir-fried them in the wok...but you need some kungfu also laa...you think easy meh...??? hahahaha


Looks good rite?? Sambal ikan bilis was superb...but the main dish...haizzzzz...tasted like my Ma's (jan agreed), but the texture was a bit weird...ish ish...must ask Ma to demo another time...need some fine tuning...hehehe

Dunno whether you perasan not, these 2 dishes are too dry to go with rice!!! Jan asked me, "so dry how to eat??" She offered to cook a simple soup, but I said "no need ler...so late liao..."

Arrrgghhhh!!! I totally forgotten about soup. It was not in my plan at all. In the end, we had to swallow and drink water...LOL

13 comments:

MikeM said...

oi, the next time ur mother cook, tag me along lar... nabeh...

HJ® said...

eh macha, you dont look 'man' in apron leh, ha ha ha

think I wanna call your Ma now la, mau tanya dia when I can eat her o-bak *slurp*

oh, just wonder, can your Sis cook as well ah? ha ha ha

pENguiN~ said...

U look so funny in the apron pic!! :P

Chris said...

aduhai thanggaji2 sekalian...i took tht pic and then hesitated whether to publish it or not...looks really funny hor...so NOT LIKE me...yenadeh...

Unknown said...

KNN, you really lost a lot of weight. must eat more o-bak to put back on some weight...hahahaha

sinlee said...

alo..dun say i never remind u bout the soup...i called u real early, but u too lazy to make soup...i told u already..both dishes too dry...

btw, HJ, i CAN cook oso ok?? but i've not cooked the o-bak b4 lar...not one of my fave food mah..but the sambal ikan bilis...biasalar....

Jacky Cham said...

nabeh...when wanna cook for us? dont so kiamsiap la. nowadays i eat very little only la.

Chris said...

charsiu: dun worry lauhia, when i start eating and drinking again, i will look 'healthy' again...hahhaha...

sis: alamak, din prepare anything for soup...no recipe...u think i really know how to cook meh...hiaks~~

jacky: bro knn, u better eat less, but drink more...wedding coming...must practise ler...

Kenji's Dad said...

hey u look a bit sissy la with the sleeveless thing and apron and so skinny...
shitzz...

Chris said...

LOL...so in order not to look sissy in a sleeveless shirt with an apron, one have to be fatter aa? hehehe

Unknown said...

the pic with the red apples apron is very becoming of a male home maker in the making... wish I can get my hubby to pose like u did... kekeke :OP

Chris said...

LOL...maryn i believe tim is very much capable of cooking a dish or two...or maybe more...i learned from the best...my mum and jan...hehehe

horsei said...

walaoee.....sedapnye....post some to us lah....