Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Surprise!!!

Woke up early this morning to check on my lilies. Unfortunately it HAS NOT bloomed!!! How sad... :(

But there was a pleasant surprise for us...the other floating plant that was given FOC by the nursery, has blossomed!! Flowers are delicate pale bluish to lilac. Jan said it's called 'keladi bunting'...



Googled for it and found out that the plant is actually called 'Water Hyacinth'. Apparently it's one of those floating oxygenator plants. Meaning it supplies oxygen to the water, I suppose. :) Figured out that this is just perfect for my fishes, as there will be plenty of oxygen in the water...



Meanwhile, I will be watching my lilies to see if there's any good news.

UPDATES!!!

As of 10.45am today, my lilies has finally bloomed!!! I just can't hide it, I'm ecstatic right now, this is pure satisfaction...shiok to the max man...fulamak ai...beautiful...!!

Notice the small bud sticking halfway out from the water?? In fact there are a couple of newly formed buds in the water...hmmmm I foresee more good news to come...hahaha




8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wah.. so envy.. the flower so fast open one meh.. The flowers aiyu plant never open keh?? hahahaha :D

Chris said...

Lauhia...i have no idea oso leh...really beginner...in fact this is really my first time doing all these...hahaha...but it's really shiok ler when u see the results...

Kenji's Dad said...

maybe you should use your digicam and snap it every one minute then make a video of it blooming.

HJ® said...

so fast one meh? real or not? fake flowers eh? ha ha ha

Chris said...

mike: then i have to be almost exactly at the same position each time i shoot..!! hahahaha...

hj: no fake laa...hahaha

Feliz Familia said...

wow.. so nice.. can make one for me to bring back to UK?

Jacky Cham said...

morale of the story : hard work really pays off...

Chris said...

Lu: u in msia meh now?

jacky: haizzz last nite there's one bud almost blosomming edi, mana tau si ikan pedang went and eat the middle portion up...too hungry i din feed them...hahaha