Friday, October 19, 2007

Faulty CCDs In Canon Digicams


Just a quick one here.

Few months back, I found out that my Canon Digital IXUS 500 was behaving rather weirdly. When in shooting mode, no images were shown in the LCD. But I could play back the taken pics somehow.

Today, when I consulted my buddy regarding this, he mentioned there's this manufacturing defect in CCDs for some Canon digicams. Googled up and found the notice from Canon's website that this is true, indeed.

Good thing is, they will provide FOC repair. I will be sending mine to the Canon service center at Peremba Square, Saujana Resort during lunch later.

Anyone having the same problem with their Canon digicams?

7 comments:

pENguiN~ said...

My bro's SONY camera had the hardware problem as well, but not sure if it's CCD also. SONY also provides FOC repair.

Susah lar stuff nowadays! :P

Chris said...

Hmmm sent my digicam there yesterday noon...they say most probably it's the CCD defect problem...anyway, they will have to open it up to confirm...and if it's true it will be fixed FOC...

MikeM said...

i always not a canon fan... Panasonic Rockx!!!

Kenji's Dad said...

i used to have a canon ixus 400... spoil less than a year.
but i still like canon, using powershot g3 now

Chris said...

Canon...delighting you always...!!!

Jacky Cham said...

i had the same problem. try plucking in the usb cable and on ur camera. the lcd will work.

Chris said...

phewww just got an sms from canon saying my camera is repaired, FOC and ready for collection...hehehe...cool...