Thursday, September 20, 2007

Not How I Thought It Would Be

Today, as planned, I went for my 3rd follow-up appointment in Pantai Cheras. Was told the plaster cast will be removed today, and so it happened. Was quite shock to see my leg in a 'malnutrition' state. I mean it's really small and thin as though I've been starving for months. In fact, I can actually see my tibia and fibula. Apparently, it's a result of my right leg not getting worked out for the past month.

Just when I thought I would be able to walk again pretty soon once the cast is taken out, I was told I need to continue using the crutches and can only move my ankle up and down (it's really stiff and painful when I tried to) for the beginning of the healing process. I need to go back in 2 weeks' time for the following follow-up. I tried to put my leg on the floor and applied 'some' body weight on it, it hurt the hell out of me! I still feel numb and a tingling sensation on the outer ankle which was operated. Quite worried of the outcome, I browsed the internet and was relieved to read that it's only natural to be in this position now, after a surgery a month ago.

Spent quite some time to clean and scrub off the dirt on my right leg. My God, my leg stinks. Finally it gets to bathe.

6 comments:

nienor said...

my dear cousin itu dipanggil "muscle atrophy" i.e. decrease in muscles. you'll recover wan la

Anonymous said...

Hey, must rajin to undergo physiotherapy/rehabilitation to strenght the muscles lor!

Jacky Cham said...

eh ur ankle is not having enuff beer. give it some beer to stimulate those muscles....

Anonymous said...

Knn. How can u see ur fibula lah!!!
It is so hidden behind ur gastrocnemeus and soleus muscle!

Chris said...

Fuhhhh ok doctor...what i meant is tibia ok...bio got 5...sorry la...LOL

MikeM said...

get well mate and hope by CNY, u can kick some ball...