Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Days on Crutches

Tomorrow marks the 3rd week right after my ankle surgery. It also means that I've been on crutches for 21 days. Those who think it's easy to live on crutches, you just have to ask me to know. Imagine those crippled, unfortunate people, how inconvenient it is for them. And they have to go through all these sufferings for the rest of their lives.

Well let me tell you this, instead of my normal standing stance while peeing, now I have to sit. I no longer enjoy bathing, as it hurts my back each time I have to carry my right leg in a seated position so that it doesn't get wet. Instead of helping my gf with all the house chores, now I seem helpless. All I can do is sit down and watch her sweep, mop, cook, wash, water the grass, hang the clothes, tidy this tidy that. Not only am I unable to help her, I feel that I have given her more responsibilities.

It's rather tough for her to take care of all the house chores all by herself, taking care of my meals, and not to mention her taxing office work. For example, for the last couple of days this week, she had to work till 3-4 am in the morning from home, and woke up at 8am the next morning. Absolutely no rest for her. I really pity her.

There was once the house alarm went off in the middle of the night. I jumped down from the bed straightaway, semi-conscious and not realizing that my right leg was plastered and that I can't walk! Gosh I fell flat back onto my bed, holding my right leg in awful pain. Luckily nothing serious happened, both to my ankle and to our house. False alarm, DAMN!!!

Tomorrow I will be going to Pantai Cheras Medical Center for my second follow-up session. Hopefully everything is moving towards the right direction. And my days on crutches will be over, soon, finally. I don't know, but I have the feeling that it won't be as smooth. Already I am feeling my last 2 toes are not reacting when I try to move them. Fingers crossed my feelings are wrong!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hei, hang in there dude. Gimme a call if you need any moral support man. hahaha

kokwai said...

Don't worry lar. Must be you having crazy thoughts after being caged in the house for so long.

Anonymous said...

Guess you must be at the hospital now. All the best! :)

Chris said...

Sigh...doc examined the wound today and say it's healing nicely. Altho still a bit swollen. Asked me to come back again in 2 weeks' time. I told him bout my 2 little toes. He asked me to focus and keep trying to move them, and not to worry as the tendons for these 2 little toes are far away from where he operated. Pheewwww...

Jacky Cham said...

lan eh....scary man....but dont worry, u kick a football with the left side of your right ankle. the last 2 toes, not so useful tho. eh, rilek la....just kidding man. get well soon ok. 'bout the house chores thingy, don't pretend la. i know janice read ur blog, but dont pretend by saying u wish u can help with the house chores. hehe. u prefer not to do those things, right? hehehehe.....rilek man, rilek.

Kenji's Dad said...

when u hit 50 u'll be like that anyways... just consider this a preview

Chris said...

myke, at 50 i'll still be running and kicking some balls man...u think like u meh, always hutang oksigen...hahahhahhaa....