Monday, March 02, 2009

It's Been A Month Now...

Not knowingly, it's been 1 month now since I left home for the US. It has been difficult for the first 2 weeks, trying to acclimate to the severe weather condition here and at the same time, trying to recover from the jet-lag, after travelling across many different time zones during the 20 hours transmeridian long distance flight. Those irregular sleep patterns, insomnias, dry itchy skin and digestive problem are no fun at all.

Now everything feels good again, though I still don't like the food and weather here. Colleagues and those from the hotel have been treating me reasonably good. They even offered me a microwave oven in my hotel room. And I found out that it is safe for us to drink water straight from the tap! Something I find rather weird and unsafe at the beginning.

Work has been silky smooth so far after one month, I am expecting things to start piling up for the rest of the 2 months. Fingers crossed, I am hoping for a rapid and successful deployment of our dispatch application all across US, allowing me to fly back earlier than scheduled.

I am missing home, missing Jan, missing my family, missing Paris and you can bet I miss the food back in Malaysia. Nothing compares to the variety of food we can get back in Malaysia, and also the availability of food almost 24 hours a day, of course I'm talking about our Mamak stalls. No doubt that I long to be back, but I am not counting the days as it will be ridiculously long and tiring. Lets hope I have a good time here, getting things done, savor the good moments and then return to where I belong.


My colls have a liking for this drink, tastes like Red Bull


We ordered our daily lunch online, very systematic


This is my office, with the QSS dept at the back


My DHL colls, nice people


Sounds familiar?


I do my laundry every fortnight


I've got prezzie for wifey!

7 comments:

HJ® said...

ehem ehem, bought present from VS... kekekeke, you gonna have a fabulous time when you're home : )

Unknown said...

TQ Hubby hehe...

Jacky Cham said...

anything for me??? another magnet??? thanks in advance bro....

sinlee said...

what bout me?? what did u get for me??? ;)

Jå§åûrû§® said...

keong.. steali la lu... how u manage to persuade urself to shop in victoria's... hehe...
rock star - the sponsor for newcastle utd...

Chris said...

Hey keong, I thought Newcastle's shirt sponsor was NorthenRock ???!!!

Jå§åûrû§® said...

haha... keong... paiseh paiseh