Saturday, March 28, 2009

Arrived at New Jersey

After spending almost 2 months in Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky (CVG), I will be based in Elizabeth (ELZ), New Jersey for the final month. You see, DHL has 3 Centralized Dispatch Offices in US, the one in Cincinnati being the largest, dispatching almost 90-95% of the service areas in US. Then we have ELZ and COP dispatching the other 5-10% of the service areas here.

Deployment in CVG has been a successful one, as far as my application is concerned. I believe I have done a good job deploying the application and sharing my knowledge and experience with the dispatch folks in CVG. Of course we still have a long way to go with more than half of the service areas yet to be deployed yet. I will still be helping with the deployment in CVG, although remotely from ELZ. Aim is now to help ELZ and hopefully we will have another successful one here.

Woke up at 04:30 this morning to catch the flight from CVG to Newark Airport. Was really excited as I could finally get my ass out of the not-so-happening CVG. I breathe new life here in ELZ, NJ. Feels like I have just arrived at the states, with sights of tall buildings and busy streets. Can't wait for everything to get started.

Anyway, I really like my new room. Cosy, comfy and above all, the HUGE Jersey Gardens Outlet Mall lies just across the street. With more than 200 branded outlets mostly with factory prices and plenty of restaurants, what better location could I possibly ask for? Courtyard Marriot is strategically located a few miles away from the Newark Airport and a 20-30 mins train ride away from the 'big apple'. Bring it on!



6 comments:

sinlee said...

wah lau eh...nice room yeah...and best of all...the shopping mall is just opposite ur hotel...good good..so, lil bro...what u planning to buy for ur lovely sis?? hehehehehe

fanny tan said...

nice place!

Sathiya said...

hei .. din knw tht u left MSB .. u doing so well now ... good for u my dear .. enjoy urself ...

Chris said...

fanny: this place rocks...hehehe

sathiya: Left MSB almost 1 1/2 yrs ago, I must have been in so low profile then...hehehe...

meglittlemeg said...

wow.. great to hear of your successful deployment!! heheh Hoh Seh la U.. heee

and it's such a beautiful room! so cosy and homely feel! Guess that's simply the second best now to having Janice by your side!

sinlee said...

eh jan, go over lar b4 leong come back. then u guys can come back together...;)