Thursday, January 03, 2008

Recent Updates

Not sure if everyone had a wonderful countdown on New Year's eve, but me and Jan had a quiet countdown at home, over a bottle of red wine!

Just some updates on some recent happenings.

Me and Jan spent a bomb at Ikea and Ikano during 1st Jan on household stuffs and clothings. What a way to start the year 2008! I hope this means more money for us to spend this year!!! LOL

Back at home, my guppies (especially) and sword fishes are multiplying like there's no tomorrow. Look at the pics! I feel I can now become an ad-hoc guppy supplier to those fish shops! Anyway, we are still not getting the species we desire. I guess the 2 distinctive male ones died before multiplying. Pathetic!!!



At the pyramid, we weathered the ferocious 'crowd' and tried for the very first time, J.Co's much talked about donuts! Must admit, personally I'm not a keen donut lover, thus me didn't quite like it. It's more like killing the curiosity in me, finally!





More at the pyramid...tried Famosa's 'Lo Bak Png' (in hokkien) or rather Lu Rou Fan (in Mandarin)...for enthusiasts, it's located at the Asian Street upstairs...it's good I love it...but still incomparable to those I tried back in Taipei!!! **~~yummy yummy slurps~~**



Another signature dish of Famosa's, they call it Taiwan's Rice Sausage, not bad either. They also have the 'O-Ah-Misua' (Oyster Misua), made famous in Taiwan. I remember how delicious it was when I tried it at Shih Lin Night Market, Taipei years back! But back here, no, you can't compare.



And finally, at my cousin's birthday bash, guess who I met? Malaysia's favorite song 'diva' Ning Baizura! She attended my cousin sis' birthday party with her hubby. Managed to get a pic with her after few glasses!

6 comments:

HJ® said...

Hey.. Both Ning & you look good : )

Anonymous said...

not bad to start a new year, can take pic with a celebrity. hahaha...

why my guppies hor, each time give birth also 2 ekor only. why ar?

Chris said...

about the guppies, i think the environment bro...mine are in the pot full of plants...natural mah...i dunno just guessing...hahaha

Kenji's Dad said...

phhuh yummy yummy doughnuts...talk about taipei... i still remember "tou san" drop the dices all over!! bwang!!!!

MikeM said...

i know wat u both did in taiwan last summer... bwang!!!! kasi piitttt chiahhhhh....

Chris said...

mick & myke, it seems that rolando knows the 'tou san' trick...and i've seen him doing that a couple of times...not bad...but taipei's tou san was really hell of a joke!!! long piak!!!