Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I Proposed


What is marriage without proposal? (fuh yohhhh)

Today I officially proposed to Jan. Eventhough it's already a known fact that we're getting married, but a proper proposal is still as important. I was never good at anything like this, but anyway it's a once-in-a-lifetime occasion, therefore I wouldn't want to live my life regretting it.

It was nothing spectacular, not that I have the time to plan for it anyway. I figured I had to get it done now, before I start to get even busier with work in the coming weeks.


So how did it all happened?
  1. Bought a bouquet of flowers (red roses + stargazer lilies) from Blooming.com in Midvalley ( apparently I was there to get some Chinese Renminbi :D )
  2. Reached home, parked my car and place the flowers in my car boot.
  3. Went in and pretended I left something in the boot, looking tired and worn out.
  4. Asked her to get my laptop from the car boot...and surprise surprise!!
  5. Followed her from behind, with the RING in my hand, and proposed to her at the door step, on my knees of course!!!
  6. I got to say, it was never what she expected. She was like "I thought you are gonna do it in front of all our friends??!!!"
  7. I responded with "Siao bo, pai seh la...I did it my way...want or don't want??" (my face getting red, biasalah)
  8. She insisted I do it again with the presence of our friends (macam saksi la I guess).
  9. After some sweet talk **wink wink**, she gave in. Drama ended with **hugs** and **kisses**
  10. Sekian terima kasih.

Pheewwwww. Told you I suck at it. Anyway, one down, more to come. Marriage is never easy these days. Lots of things to plan and carry out.

Penguin used to sing it when she's happy and going back hometown. Today I just feel like singing this.

"Yippie yai yai yippie yippie yai...!!!"




17 comments:

HJ® said...

*clap, clap, clap*

Congrats, bro! : )

Sebastian's mommy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Really happy for you guys. So romantic lah your proposal, in front of the house!! hahaha...

joyofsharing said...

Congratulations, Chris.

My Sweeties said...

Congratulations! You are moving onto another milestone...

However, what do you mean by one down, more to come ?

Anonymous said...

Congrats bro... wat to go. So Paris is ur onli saksi lar :P
Nvr mind i will b ur witness this coming August 080808... sui steali :))

Kay Han

sinlee said...

kiong hi kiong hi....but mum asked u...the same question every mth lar....kakakakaka.....

Unknown said...

congrtulations!!

pENguiN~ said...

Hahahaha this is so cute!! I salute Janice as she still can react so well... I'd probably lose my words & want to get into the house ASAP... :P

Congratulations dude!! Really happy to know this... it's so sweet.... Hehehehe... and Hey, that's a nice song... :D

Chris said...

Thanks all...! :D

Joanne, I mean proposal is one of the many steps towards the eventual wedding day....still lots of things to worry bout...

Luke, you better be there on 080808, else no saksi cannot ROM!!!

MikeM said...

congrats bro...

if cant ROM, then RAM lar...

Unknown said...

A liong - hai ya!!
"wa- lau , macam fi- lem se-star ( albeit from Seri kembangan). Olang cina cakap " kiong hee" "kiong hee" with these 2 super greetings , it will be "ang-pow free" dinner!!!:))

Toby's babysitters

Chris said...

Hey thanks mick...

Toby's babysitters found my blog...!!! hehehe...welcome welcome

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS to you both of you!

Aiyo....so loman one meh...

next time we party at your house, you must 're-act' the whole thing, then mai considered propose in front of friends lor.

Chris said...

aiyu, is this considered loman? I was thinking i wasn't doing enuff!!! But anyway, job done now!! LOL :))

Party in my house, no prob. But you got to make me really drunk, for me to go thru the whole situation again, in front of you guys!

meglittlemeg said...

hehe... you great pretender... hehe, Jan is too easy on you man.. I bet it's dark then and neighbours can't see it, and you drop to your knees!! hehee

go go go! congratulations yo!

Chris said...

sure it was dark then...LOL

thanks meg!