Wednesday, June 06, 2007

A Whole New Place...Soon

As we grow older, we'll find that decision making is well becoming part and parcel of our lives. Less than 2 years back, me and my gf decided to get a house of our own. After serious consideration, we decided to make the drastic move. No doubt now we have to fork out extra money every month for the house loan, but think this way. We are now paying for something that belongs to us, rather than indirectly helping someone else to pay their house loan with our monthly house rental.

I must admit, it wasn't easy, I mean all the procedures, loans, agreements, banks, lawyers, developers etc. Gosh suddenly I felt it was getting rather complicated and we're burdened with extra responsibilities. But we learned and I'm glad to say, the enthusiasm got us through.



Our house was finally completed and we got the CF towards the end of March 2007. After some minor complaints and eventually the fixes by the developer, we decided to do some renovation. We thought the kitchen was rather small and that the extra land behind is of no use. Simple as that, we extended the kitchen, and in the process, we shifted the toilet from it's original place to the back of the house and enlarged the room beside it.
It took us long enough to look for a good and reputable contractor. I think we went to about 5-6 contractors before finally settling for one. And before we can start the renovation, we had to get the necessary approval from the local authority, in my case, Majlis Perbandaran Sepang.

I thought it was going to be hell of a time dealing with these government people. But much to my amazement, the person I dealt with, Pn Kamariah was really helpful and kind to me, even before the salary increment's announcement for all government servants. :D Two visits to Sepang and finally, we were given the green light to start the renovation works. She really changed my negative view towards government servants. Credits to her, cheers!



Almost 2 months now, and the renovation works are nearing completion. Still some paint works to be done though. We are anxiously waiting for its completion and looking forward to move in to our own new place. Hopefully everything will be good then. Cheers!

7 comments:

Jacky Cham said...

all the way brother....all the way. happy for u man....go slow, one step at a time, and u'll reach ur destination soon.
when is the open house/house warming?

Kenji's Dad said...

very nice... when getting married?

pENguiN~ said...

Leong, congratulation on your new place! So happy to know that finally everything is getting ready soon... Let me know when it's done and I'll definitely pay a visit to your new place when I am down to KL next time!!

Unknown said...

Jacky: Let u know when, but not so soon ler bro..

Myke: Haizzz tired of this question la bro...siam siam...

Winnie: Thanks...I'll surely inform u of the house warming party

Anonymous said...

Dun forget to invite us too....

Chris said...

Sis: Haizzz dun worry all will be invited. Lil Wei Qi will love our new place!

MikeM said...

seems like bloggin the own house been the hype now... thanks to myke... kotek, i sold my place already lar... now living alone in the dark... but will definitely get my place soon... thinkin of a condo near damansara area... i will add back the link for u