Monday, January 08, 2007

"Lap Cheong Chao Fan"

Eating outside everyday can prove to be quite boring at times. Well, guess what, I tried cooking myself for the last 2 days. Cooking the same menu, 'lap cheong chao fan' (chinese sausage fried rice). LOL. Of course the first day, it didn't taste good. My poor 'lap cheong' got over cooked a little. But my second attempt today was alright. Ahem...anyway, my gf will try my cooking tonite and lets see what's her comment.
Well it was quite fun, really. Preparation was exciting. And when you finally put everything together in the wok and it smells good, it's just pure satisfaction. Although fried rice can be the simplest form of cooking, but for a change, I was actually eating my own fried rice instead of those outside. And I actually feel good about it. LOL
My hands still smell of garlic, the same smell from my mother's hands I used to smell when I was young. Cooking can be easy once you're used to it. And I believe with with a little more effort and definitely more practises, I will come good in cooking. LOL.

8 comments:

Jacky Cham said...

bro, i think u shd put some chopped long beans. the effect will turn out better. u can also try pineapple fried rice(pineapple, raisins, cashew nuts, curry powder) or nasi goreng kampung (ikan bilis, dried shrimps, neatly chopped sotong balls). knn....makes me hungry man....

Chris said...

Fuhhhhh...slow and steady la bro...me still new to cooking mah...hehehe

MikeM said...

hey good thing u still can cook for your loved ones... hehehe, how i wish i can do that...

Unknown said...

Mick, am i not one of ur loved ones??? hahahhahaha...

pENguiN~ said...

Looks damn good arr... I must try one day also.... :D

meglittlemeg said...

hehe, looks very much like my mum's lap cheong chao fan too..

what's next ha?
we want Chef Chris here...

Anonymous said...

hey bro, the whole team saw your cooking and wanting to try.....when la????

Chris said...

Bro rilek lah...ni belum pro ni...nanti semua food poisoning camaner??? Hehehhehe...