Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Paris

Paris, my beloved female Toy Poodle. When I first got her, I was told she's a teacup poodle from Indonesia. Teacup poodles appear to be much smaller compared to toy poodles. Anyway Paris is now the size of a toy poodle, perhaps just slightly smaller than most of the toy poodles around. Guess we've been feeding her too much! LOL...

Ok why poodles?? Some of you might ask. Well first of all, poodles don't shed! All year round. Poodles and Schnauzers are the only 2 breeds that don't shed. For people who dislike sweeping, or waking up in the morning with sights of furs sticking all over your couch, like myself, these 2 breeds are just about the right ones for you, in addition to some other aspects you might want to look into when looking for a pet doggie.

Secondly, poodles come second in the list of the brightest breeds around. They are keen learners and they learn fast as well. In my opinion, poodles are a majestic breed that never fail to live up to your expectation, and no matter what happens or what sort of bad day they are having, they continue to entertain you in grand style. To date, Paris knows few tricks, including sit, down, hand, rollover, stand and walk (walking on 2 hind legs). Poodles are easily taught and they are more than happy to show you a trick or two.

In terms of companionship, I believe all breeds of dogs are great companions. As the saying goes "dogs are men's best friends." And poodles are no different either. Paris follows me and Janice wherever we go and whatever we do. She'll be sitting with us when we're watching TV, waiting in the kitchen when we're cooking, lying down and waiting outside when I'm in the toilet, and anxiously waiting under the dining table, waiting and wondering when the food will drop. LOL

Well, dogs being dogs, they have their naughty times. I will scold and whack her if she misbehaves sometimes. But mummy doesn't. That's why she's closer to mummy. LOL

For those looking for pet doggies, POODLES are certainly highly recommended. Cheers.


Below are few of Paris' pictures. Enjoy!





Picture of her in one of her favorite tricks.



In the playground, wondering "how do I get down..."

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said my dear....i do whack her ok :P .....

Anonymous said...

good looking little cute adorable Paris. Had not been seen her quite sometimes. Time flies, she turns to be a pretty girl now!

Feel regret to my furkids as now I have lesser time for them since I have my little princess. However, like you said : "they never fail to live up to your expectation, and no matter what happens or what sort of bad day they are having, they continue to entertain you in grand style"

Nowsday, eventhough I have lesser time for them, they still love me so much!!!

Chris said...

Melissa...yeah i have not seen cherry, gigi and belle for quite sometime too...wondering how cherry looks like now...anyway, cherry will always be the most manja and ladylike poodles around...cheers to poodle lovers!!!

Kenji's Dad said...

wow... cute! Quick take a video of your poodle jumping on one hind leg!

Anonymous said...

ah ku...when u want to bring paris to mummy's house?? but u tell paris not to steal my food ok??

Cyth said...

Jack Russell Terrier is good. Yay to JRT owners!!!

pENguiN~ said...

I miss Paris... so much!!! Miss her doing all the tricks that made everyone laughs! Hehehehe...

Chris said...

Myke, Paris doesn't have the skill to jump on 'ONE' hind leg ler...!!! LOL
In the future, perhaps...hehehe

Chris said...

Penguin, I remember u were the one who accompanied me when i first brought Paris home...guess i still have the pic of u holding her, with ur little finger heavily bandaged...she was sooooo small then...

pENguiN~ said...

Hahahahaha.. yeap.. maybe you should post that pic... can do a comparison before and after!!

meglittlemeg said...

hee.. i wish i can have one too! i love her ears...

meglittlemeg said...

oooo... cute little girl. hee
i wish i can have one too...

Jacky Cham said...

hmm...not bad. but i still prefer the other paris...paris hilton. at least there's a home made video for us to enjoy....hahaha.....

Anonymous said...

This Paris vey naughty, bite my shaver blade and hair brush. I whack her kao kao. After that whenever she see she will go into her cage and hide! Haha... Also when I goes home she will not get excited, unlike when she saw her 'daddy' and 'mummy' home. One thing she will come to me, is when she saw me eating... hahahaha... Hmm... wonder when she will bite my stuff again....

Chris said...

Cute leh Fara...come my house ler...i show you paris...hehehhe